CHOOSING A NECKLACE THAT’S PERFECT FOR YOU
Choosing a necklace that ticks all the boxes is hard right? Its got to suit your height, face shape and body type to look best. Don’t despair though I’ve done all the hard work for you and collated it into this fab necklace style guide!
- Round/Oval – Look for longer necklaces that elongate the face. Aim for 20”-24”. This helps draw the eyeline down, creating a V shape and balancing your look.
- Square/ Oblong – Go for shorter styles, chokers or 16″-18″ chains help highlight a longer neck which softens your overall features.
- Heart-Shaped – Similar to a square/ oblong face, try the shorter necklaces from 16”-18” to help soften the face’s angles.
Your height actually plays a key role in choosing necklace length. If you are shorter you might often find that long necklaces are too long and if you are taller you have probably found the opposite to be true.
- Short – If you have a shorter frame of 5’4” or below, then look for necklaces that help elongate your frame, but not hang too low. If you are looking for a shorter necklace try the 16”-18” length, as this should fit your proportions correctly. When looking at longer necklaces, try between 20”-24” as this will hang effortlessly.
- Tall – With a taller frame you can usually wear any necklace length, but longer styles will work particularly well as they will accentuate your height. When looking at shorter styles, ensure that the necklace size complements your face shape before you buy.
- Regular Height – Luckily those that are between 5’4” and 5’7” can wear any necklace length, but remember to consider your face shape and body type before you buy.
Last but not least is your body type. Often not thought about but your bust size can have a real impact on how a necklace sits on your body. If you are blessed with a larger bust aim for shorter necklaces (don’t go over 24” as they won’t sit right). If you have a smaller bust, then longer, layered necklaces will look amazing on you.
- Pear shaped – Pear shapes need to aim for necklaces that will help broaden the shoulders, as your body is smaller on the top then it is at the bottom. Necklaces that are 18”-24” are perfect as they sit just above your bust and draw attention towards your upper body.
- Athletic – Those that have an athletic shape can typically wear any type of necklace (lucky things!), although longer necklaces can help elongate your body more.
- Hourglass – For an hourglass shape, try a necklace length that just sits on your décolletage to help accentuate your curves.
- Strawberry shaped (Inverted triangle) – Strawberries have wider shoulders so long length necklaces will help bring the eye down to your waist, highlighting the smallest part of your body.